01 August 2008

oh yes...

I have it - I have it in my hot little hands... finally! I have been waiting and waiting (and stalking the mail lady!) for about 3 weeks now. I mean come on, I KNOW they publish these things way ahead of time, and I am expecting my subscription copy (as well as the 2 free copies and my box o' goodies for being published)... and I've been waiting...

I had to go all the way to Vancouver to get it, but that's OK. Here's the cover of the magazine that my very first published card is in...


and, on page 78:


yep, there it is... that's MY card!

I designed it as a sample baby announcement for Victoria (and it was actually my least favourite of the bunch I made!)... Now, please keep in mind that this is not the way I actually designed the card (they moved the 'belly band' - I had it on the bottom third of the card with about an inch of the chocolate chip showing... you know, rule of thirds?!?!), and personally, I think it looked much better the way I had it, but that is a minor disappointment compared to seeing something I created in a magazine! And they spelled my name right! And the lady in the SB store where we found it thought I was a little off my rocker (ok, really weird!) when Shawn handed me the Cards mag and I did a little jig (with my RoboBoot on my right foot! so it was more of a clompy stomping sort of thing), but I think she understood when Shawn told her I was IN it (well, at least she pretended to understand and made appropriate oohing and aahing noises when I was around!).


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You should have seen Tara jumping up and down in the middle of Precious Memories in Langley yesterday. Even with a broken foot and loose robo-boot and the biggest smile ever.
It's definitely one of the biggest moments in her life and was lucky enough to be there when it happened. Congrat's Tara!

Kelli said...

Yay! It's about time! I'm glad you finally found it and glad someone who appreciates what we do was with you!