06 December 2008

Christmas came early this year...

Those of you who know me may know that I've been waffling and wavering on the electronic die cutter issue for about 3 years now... I just didn't know if I would actually use one enough to justify the cost. And then there was the issue of just which one to get... along with the fact that I totally *heart* my manual die cutter & nesties! So, I hadn't yet decided... and then Shawn spotted this in a WM flyer for a fantastic deal, and the rest is history!

I honestly don't know what I did before this thing!!!!! I'm in love!

I've had it for a little over a week now, and I've already gone through 2 blades because I've cut so much! I bought a second set of mats so I can have a rotation going, and I've been cutting up quite the storm! Cards, boxes, envelopes, tags, alphabets... I am completely amazed at the capabilities of this little (OK, not so little...) machine!

The machine came with 1 cartridge that allows me to cut the adorable little bags pictured above, along with tags, banners, envelopes, borders and a complete alphabet in several styles. Then, only days later, M's had a doorbuster sale - all in stock cartridges for $39.99! What?!?!? I know! That's like 3 for 1! So, Kelli & I went to check out the sale and I bought 3 more cartridges (with one more coming for Christmas!).

The other criteria that I wanted in an electronic die cutter was the ability to cut TrueType fonts... I have something ridiculous like 1300 fonts on my computer, and I know that some of the machines are supposed to be able to cut them, as well as other digital designs. Well, there is a program available for the Cricut that allows it to hook up to the computer and cut True Type fonts! I'm completely sold! I don't know what I was doing before I was cutting with my Cricut Expression!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Congratulations on your new Cricut! I love my little one, but I have been thinking about upgrading. The new program for cutting true type fonts won't work on my Cricut because it is too old. Kinda crazy thinking that a Cricut could be too old!

Have fun with your new toy.